Monday 31 March 2008

THE WINE POET

Bonjour,

That's 20 years I am in wine industry making, selling and/or drinking wine. When I started in Bordeaux France there is was no question of others wine except the Bordeaux and french burgundy. Now all I change , first the italian and spanish wine improved a lott 15 years ago then the american's arrived and today the all worlds is at the door (of the cellar). From a discussion between man in comfy room around a couple of Rotschild 1955, the discussion is open to everyone and more and more people are looking at better quality wine than "vino di Tavola" to drink every day. There is as well more and more "bullshitting" (excuse my french) about how to taste, drink, served or enjoy your wine !!!, I think some of the "connoisseurs" out there forgot about the simple fact that "wine is there to enjoy!!" . I take pleasure drinking from a 1961 nectar from pauillac ( £2000 bottle), but, I will enjoy a glass of australian shiraz in a night out with some friends!!! (£4.50 a glass), I go to Aldi or Tesco to by my wine as well than visiting Bordeaux and friend's "caves" to buy some others. Please as the philosophe says " Its the company who makes the dinner, not the wine....." but of course "Wine help's you to forget about the company , If the company is not good.....".

No comments: